Dota 2 Console Commands
To set console mode
1) In steam, right cilck on “Dota 2” and click on properties
2) Click on Set Launcher Options and type in: -console
3) Press OK and enter the game, to remove the console from view press the ` key.
- dota_minimap_hero_size 700 – will make the size of the hero dot on the minimap as big as you want. Default = 600.
- dota_disable_range_finder 0 – by default you only see the range of spells when you hover your mouse on the spell icon. With this set to 0 it will show you the range when you actually click to use the spell on someone. Default = 1.
- dota_always_show_player_names – 0 will disable, 1 will enable player name on top of health bars. Default = 0.
- dota_hud_healthbars – 1 will make your health smoother without the lines you see on health bars (the blocks in the health that divides at around 200 life per block). 3 will enable it back on and 0 will make all health bars disappear, the others do nothing apparently. Default = 3.
- dota_unit_use_player_color – As the command suggests, it colors it player either individually or an unified color by team. 1 Enables individual colors, 0 Team color. Default = 1.
- dota_player_units_auto_attack – This is in the settings, but I find it too darn useful. 0 Will stop auto-attacking and only attacks IF you click to attack, whereas 1 will auto-attack at all possible times. Default = 1.
EDIT: More commands,
- dota_camera_accelerate 49 – This will make the camera stop exactly where you want it, 0 will make you unable to move your camera. Thanks uw_NB and Pyros.
- dota_force_right_click_attack 1 – This will enable right click deny!!!!!!!!!!
- dota_health_per_vertical_marker 200 – This will determine how much health you wish to divide the vertical lines by. In the demonstration value it will draw a line each 200 health, but you can choose your own value.
- tv_nochat 1 – Disable spectator chat, which can really be annoying some times. Thanks Shabazza
Opposing team color combination:
The RGB for the enemy team is dota_enemy_color_r, dota_enemy_color_g, dota_enemy_color_b (ie: dota_enemy_color_r 1). Below are some colors the enemy team can be:
- R, G, B all set to 0: Black
- R, G, B all set to 1: White
- R 1, G 0, B 0: Red
- R 1, G 1, B 0: Yellow
- R 1, G 0, B 1: Fuchsia
- R 0, G 1, B 0: Green
- R 0, G 1, B 1: Cyan
- R 0, G 0, B 1: Blue
The RGB for the friendly team is dota_friendly_color_r, dota_friendly_color_g, dota_friendly_color_b (ie: dota_friendly_color_r 1). Same colors as above.
To change Avatar
Get into a practice game with bots and type one of the following command in console and then leave the match:
- dota_set_avatar 0 – Default
- dota_set_avatar 1 – Crystal Maiden
- dota_set_avatar 2 – Kunkka
- dota_set_avatar 3 – Faceless Void
- dota_set_avatar 4 – Furion
- dota_set_avatar 5 – Yurnero
- dota_set_avatar 6 – Bloodseeker
- dota_set_avatar 7 – Lich
- dota_set_avatar 8 – Axe
- dota_set_avatar 9 – Pudge
- dota_set_avatar 10 – Puck
Do you know more or want to make a correction? Feel free to comment, I will edit the OT
Crashing when alt tab? Inset the following in the SET LAUNCH OPTIONS: -window -w 1920 -h 1080 -noborder -console
EDIT: More commands added.
EDIT2: More commands, better format.
EDIT3: Added some more.
EDIT4: I’ve been getting a lot of questions about how to approach the autoexec.cfg, so I decided to share mine: http://paste2.org/followup/1805667
Make a file named autoexec.cfg, edit the file and add the content provided in the link above, then move the autoexec.cfg file to this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\cfg
- Previous Call of Duty Ghosts Achievements
- Next Guide to mining LiteCoins from scratch! Both cgminer and GUIminer version